Job Ref: 13722
- The ideal candidate is detail-oriented; able to interact with varying levels of employees; can work efficiently in a fast-paced environment; well versed in US GAAP
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Coordination (or preparation) and analysis of financial reporting for assigned acquisitions as well as any necessary follow up
· Occasional bookkeeping for assigned acquisitions
· Assist with monthly consolidation and reporting procedures
· Preparation of month end journal entries, month end reconciliations for support accounting records
· Preparation of Company's consolidated financial statements under US GAAP
· Preparation of projected income statement for quarterly estimates, other requested schedules and documentation related to finance and operations
· Work with other team members to meet internal and external deadlines set by management and lenders
· Meet with other administrative disciplines to ensure successful onboarding and integration endeavours
· Assistance with annual audit
· Bachelor’s degree with concentration in Accounting
· Minimum of 5 years' experience in accounting; insurance industry auditing or accounting experience preferred
· Understanding of US GAAP required
· Possess strong administrative and computing skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point)
· Able to work independently and enjoy a high degree of interaction with team members.
· Self-motivated and driven. Maintain a sense of urgency and ability to work with and meet deadlines.
· Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication, including the ability actively listen, and problem solve with minimal assistance.
· The ability to multi task, prioritize, work independently, and use discretion surrounding sensitive information.
· Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and positive attitude