Job Ref: 13720
Money Transfer Clerk Consultant
(Remote start eventually go onsite in Manhattan)
This position is responsible for processing funds transfers and reviewing OFAC screenings via the Bank’s money
1. Repairs and verifies incoming SWIFT, CHIPS and Fedwire payments. Processes rejected items through
“Funds Held Awaiting Disposition” account.
2. Reviews OFAC hits and clear as needed as per strict Compliance guidelines.
3. Creates, verifies or authorizes U.S. dollar payments, outgoing CHIPS and Fedwire payments, book transfers
and official check requests. Creates or verifies foreign currency SWIFT messages.
4. Expedites late day outgoing payments to ensure processing within FRB deadlines. In the absence of the
department manager, reconciles daily activity to the “Funds Held Awaiting Disposition” account, matches
debits and credits, and identifies/clears open items. Images and maintains control of daily work folders.
5. Assists other departments, branches and customers with funds transfer transactions.
6. Handles investigations for review by MT Officer including all OFAC reviews
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Understanding of basic banking and accounting principles.
Compliance knowledge of OFAC screening
Full knowledge of applicable computer applications. (e-GIFTS experience is a plus)
Good keyboard/numeric keypad skills.
Accuracy and attention to detail, good communication skills.
Good math skills, aptitude for working with numbers.
Good interpersonal skills with coworkers, internal clients, and external clients.
Good verbal and written communication skills
Two years’ experience in an automated money transfer environment.
High School diploma
Please contact Franca. firstname.lastname@example.org